Monday, April 11, 2011

A Season of Change

We have been going thru a season of change and as a result, we are looking at how God changes us. I was always under the impression that if I needed to change, then I would have to do something, in my own power and strength to accomplish this. Boy was I fooled!

When I started looking at all that needed to be changed in my life, I realized that my focus was not on God for help but rather on my own willpower.

You know, "pull yourself up" or "it's ok, I can handle it" or my favorite "I'm FINE" ( "Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic, and Emotionally unstable").

My mask firmly in place, covering up all of my pain and then making the 'fake' statement and giving the impression that everything in my life is great, when reality is that most things in my life aren't great.

Wow, how time flies! I just realized that I have not posted in a while and wanted to bring you up to date!

There have been so many changes since the last post and will commit to posting more often.

We have been on an emotional roller-coaster over the last several months.

I was laind off in August of 2010 and have been unsuccessful in finding new employment. I continue to trust God in everything and to "...be joyful in all circumstances!". I believe that God has a plan for me!

Today, I realize that I need and desire God to be The Master in my day and that I cannot rely on my own strength for guidance. I NEED God! I Crave His presence! I want to walk in a way that is pleasing to Him!

Question: HOW!

Thru Celebrate Recovery, I continue to learn how much God loves me and how much He wants me to be walking with Him. I get to see how Powerful He is and how much He cares! I get to visit the sick, the incarcerated and the hopeless. I get to lead the lost into a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I get to mentor others! I get to see how God works in peoples lives! And believe it or not, I get to see miracles happen in peoples lives and my own!

I want you to experience what I get to see. Are you ready? Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? Are you fed up with the guilt and shame? Are you ready to change your legacy?

If so, come and join us on Wednesday evenings for dinner and fellowship starting at 5:30 PM in the ERC North building Room N-111 and see if it can happen for you!

Remember... God loves you and so do we!

No comments:

Post a Comment